My name is Eric.
I build websites.
I specialize in developing one of a kind, custom websites designed to meet your goals. Every company is different. Your website needs to be different, too. My sites are clean and effective, and I write valid XHTML and CSS code. I'm not going to force my opinions or agenda on you. I believe in listening to the client, and giving them what they want. Don't know what you want? That's fine, too. I'll offer suggestions. Some you'll like, others you won't. I won't take offense. We'll work it out. And we'll get you on the web. That's just how I roll.
Why should you have your website professionally developed? Your website will be your 24/7 marketing department reaching a global audience. It will let you compete with the big boys on a level playing field. Do you want to leave that responsibility up to your neighbor's nephew who just had a class in school? A well thought out website is critical if you want to impress your visitors and turn them into customers.
What can I do for you? I'm not going to tell you I do information architecture. I'm not going to tell you I do user interface design and usability analysis. If you know what this is, you probably don't need me. What I will tell you is this. I do more than build websites...
- Web design - If you don't know what you want your site to look like, I can design it. Have an idea for the look & feel? I take direction very well.
- Web development - A pretty website isn't enough these days. It needs to grab your visitor's attention, and engage them. It has to make them want to come back. And it needs to work. All my code validates, and works across all modern browsers.
- Web troubleshooting - Does your existing site not work properly? Let me take a look. Sometimes another set of eyes is all it takes to solve the problem.
- Web hosting - I am more than happy to host your site for you. I've been using 1&1 for years now, and have no complaints. If you want to find your own host, I'm more than happy to help walk you through that process as well.
- Web statistics - I can add Google Analytics to your site allowing you to track your visitors. You can see how many hits you're getting, where they're coming from, and what they're looking at. The results are often surprising...
- Web Animation - You know the stuff that draws your attention. A little fade in here. A little fade out there. It's not for everyone, but a little bit goes a long way. I can animate your site with Flash or jQuery. Each tool has it's use.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) - Probably the Holy Grail of web development. If no one can find your site, does it matter how great it is? SEO is not a destination. It's a journey. Let me be your tour guide.
- Content Management Systems (CMS) - If you are interested in making your own changes, or having systems in place where visitors can leave comments, I offer you Drupal.
- Mobile websites - More and more people are browsing the web with iPhones and Droids. Don't discount these users. Offer them a mobile alternative optimized for their devices.
- Social Media - Got something to say? Let me setup your blog. Want to reach your audience on Facebook or Twitter? I'll help you stand out from the crowd.
- Photo editing - I can take your images and bring them to life. I do portrait touching, color correction, cut outs, etc.
Form meets Function.
I’m a web developer from metro Detroit. This is my site. As a kid, I was very creative. I loved to draw. I would build Lego for hours, preferring my own creations rather than the ones Lego designed.
Somewhere along the way, I lost touch with my creative side. I became much more analytical. I excelled at math and science. I graduated from the University of Michigan.
When I entered the workforce as an adult, I started working with computers. I’ve been working in IT (Information Technology) for more than 15 years. I’ve done it all from working at a helpdesk, to directing the helpdesk. I’ve built computers, and managed entire networks of computers. I also built simple websites.
Several years ago, my wife gave me a Lego set for Christmas; the Hemlock Stronghold. She said she thought everyone should get toys at Christmas. I love this belief, btw. I attribute this gesture to rekindling my creative spirit.
What's in it for You?
A site designed by ejbdesign will stand out from the competition. Why? I'll take the time to look at your competition. I'll see what they're doing, and more importantly, what they're not doing. I'll develop a compelling, unique user experience separating you from the other guys.
What's in it for Me?
I get to be creative, and do what I love. I'm passionate about web development because it let's me embrace my creative side. I've worked in the IT realm for 15 years wearing a multitude of different hats, but mainly acting in a technical capacity. While working with other talented people along the way, I learned bits and pieces of the craft. I was hooked. What really got me going was when web designers couldn't figure out how to do something. I'd put on my researcher's cap, dive in, and create solutions. Enter ejbdesign. I'm just a guy trying to make it in this world. You're a business owner doing the same. Let me help take your endeavors to the next level.